General Insurance

For most of us, our home is the most valuable asset we have, so it’s sensible to make sure
that it’s protected. Here are Signet Mortgages we advise on two different types of cover that are designed just for this purpose – Buildings Insurance, and Contents Insurance. We work with high quality, competitively priced providers so that we can get you great cover at a great price.


Buildings Insurance

This type of policy will cover damage to the physical structure of your property, and the sum assured will typically be for the rebuild value of your home. Having this in place will be a condition of your mortgage offer and for good reason - rebuilding a property is expensive!

Contents Insurance

This type of policy will cover damage to or loss of possessions in your home - for example furniture, electronic devices, clothes etc. Some providers also include additional cover for valuables taken outside of the property. While this type of cover is not mandatory, it's usually a good idea to have.

Additional Services

In addition to directly arranging your mortgage and protection solutions, we also work with a few partners that can do a fantastic job for other parts of the home buying process.

We maintain a panel of reputable solicitors that we are able to refer you to, who will reliably and efficiently take care of the legal side of buying a property for you.

We also have links with some brilliant surveyors, who can professionally assess the property you’re buying and inform you of any potential issues that you may not have been aware of, possibly saving you a lot of money in the long run.

Get in touch with us to discuss which may be suitable for your circumstances